A permit to work system is a formal procedure to ensure that the system of work is properly planned and implemented for jobs which have a significant risk. Permits are most often required for maintenance work where normal safeguards cannot be used, or where new hazards are introduced by the work.
Purpose of Permit to Work System
- Ensure work takes place under safe conditions
- Inform workers of potential hazards and rules for working safely
- Control authorization of work with effective delegation
- Visibility of work in progress
- Provide audit trail
- Implement best practices and comply with OSHA
Common Work Permit Problems
- Permits are not completed accurately
Gap between procedures and practice
Permits filled in ‘by rote’ and without proper consideration
- Rules for safe work are not enforceable
No active controls to ensure that if particular hazards are present, the appropriate PPE and precautions are listed
- Poor control over authorizations
Paper system cannot enforce levels of authority
No active checking if person’s authority has lapsed
Does not prevent a person from signing a blank permit
- No visibility of work in progress on site
Status of outstanding work is ‘hidden’ with paper systems
Contractors leave site without signing permits–Permits seldom cross referenced correctly
iProcess – Electronic Permit to Work benefits
- High quality permits that comply with procedures
- Effective delegation of responsibility
Only authorized persons can sign
Management notified of deviations/exceptions
Constant reinforcement of training
- High visibility of work in progress
- Improved efficiency of permit process
Templates, pre-loaded procedures
No paper shuffling
Easier to reconcile
- Comprehensive audit trail improved
- Centralize and track your site Work Permits.
- It incorporates planning, risk assessment, hazards conflict warning as well as isolation management.
- Access, Issue & Print work permits using Mobile Device.
- Alerts and warnings if permit being issued coincides with permit in current use in same area.
- Record and track isolations, atmospheric conditions.
- Create and modify any sections like PPE, Safety Precautions using checklists.
- Create and attach Job Safety Analysis to permit application.
- Area map is an aerial view of the plant layout which depicts the current status of permits issued and application waiting
- Create unlimited workflow templates with customizable steps, Tasks and People, Define your own workflow action and rules.
- Attach Documents, Equipment, P& ID’s
- Set up Flexible People Review Structure ( Parallel, Sequential, Any individual or Group review)
- Seamless email notifications during the life cycle of work permit including reminder emails.
- Create your own email templates for each event with in work permit
- Standard reports and customize your own reports
- Common Tracker Module to track all action items from iprocess-Apps
- Attach standard and custom forms to any Step with in the workflow
- Control access to data based on user roles and permissions
- Dashboard with graphical charts
- Easy to use web based application developed based on powerful Microsoft .Net Technology and Microsoft SQL Server Database
iProcess provides web & tablet based enterprise software applications that enhances Safety, Productivity and Compliance in heavily regulated and high risk chemical, energy, oil & gas and construction companies.
Process Safety Management, Environmental Safety, Operational Excellence, Reliability Centered Maintenance
iProcess goal is to work with our Customers in Oil & Gas, Chemical & Construction Industries and their contractors to implement operational and manufacturing excellence programs and drive companies to achieve
- Zero Process Related Safety Incidents
- Zero Injuries
- Zero Environmental Releases
- Zero Defects
iProcess Apps ()
- MANAGEMENT OF CHANGE
- ELECTRONIC WORK PERMITS ( i-Pad Apps included )
- JOB SAFETY ANALYSIS ( i-Pad Apps included )
- LOCK OUT-TAG OUT
- INCIDENT MANAGEMENT
- AUDITS AND INSPECTIONS ( i-Pad Apps included )
- DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
- TOOL TRACKING
- TASK MASTER
- MOBILE APPLICATIONS
- PROCEDURE MANAGEMENT
- SAFE OPERATING CONDITIONS
- TURNAROUND JOB PLANNING TOOL ( i-Pad Apps included )
- OPERATOR SHIFT HAND OVER LOG
- Improved Safety and avoid hefty regulatory fines and fees. Compliance with OSHA, EPA and other regulatory agencies.
- Faster permit Issuing and avoid contractor delays
- Improved quality by tracking recommendations, action items and risk related issues
- Capture knowledge from senior employees and improve knowledge retention curve
- Improved Reliability
- Reduced Process Related incidents, Injuries & Defects
- Uptick in quality of your procedures & SOL
- Critical Asset Availability and Fix Bad Actors
- Improved Safety & Quality Culture among employees
iProcess Contact Information
iProcess Data Systems LLC
Posted By:- Ranga Nagaraju, Business Development Mgr.